NAEPC Webinar: What the Estate Planner Needs to Know about Roth Retirement Plans
Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018
Time: 8:00am - 9:30am
Location: University Club 10th Floor – Fifth Third Center, 111 Lyon NW, Grand Rapids MI
Speaker: Natalie B. Choate, Esq., AEP® (Distinguished)
- Roth basics: Types of Roth plans, tax treatment, who can have one, how to get one
- Why Roths are a great deal for wealthy clients and some others
- Who should get a Roth plan and who should NOT
- Who to name as beneficiary of the Roth plan (and who NOT to name)
- What your wills and trusts need to say about Roth plans
- Tax free Roth conversions and other tax saving Roth tips
Natalie Choate is an estate planning lawyer with Nutter McClennen & Fish in Boston. Her practice is limited to advising individuals and fiduciaries about the tax treatment of retirement benefits. Her book Life and Death Planning for Retirement Benefits has been called the tax professionals' "bible" on retirement plans. Natalie has lectured in all 50 states; her articles have appeared in Trusts & Estates, ACTEC Journal, and other professional tax publications. Her comments on estate and retirement planning have been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and Forbes.
Materials will be provided to attendees prior to the meeting.
A continental breakfast will be provided at 8:00 AM. The presentation will begin at 8:30 AM.
Click on the link below to register. Please contact Jeanna Post at WestMichiganEPC@gmail.com with questions.
See Upcoming Event Calendar